Friday, July 22, 2011

penguin classics

Sometimes, I daydream about illustrating book covers like these, from the Penguin Classics collection.

This one, for Huck Finn, is my favorite. I love the sunny color palette and the quartered layout, which neatly divides the cover. But the line drawings are just charming, and that's what sells it for me. I've already read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, I already have a copy, but this is one I'm thinking of picking up for the kiddo because of the cover art. See? Cover design is important!




Here are a few more lovelies from the series:




2 comments:

Eve Proper said...

I love these.

How about illustrating a children's book? Of course I'd have to write it first. Or simultaneously.

Night Garden Design said...

That'd be awesome! I would love to do more illustration and design work away from my computer. I think that a collaboration would be a blast!