Monday, September 10, 2012

spoonflower typewriter-inspired fabric contest



Hey friends! This week's Spoonflower Fabric of the Week Contest is all about designing fabric with a typewriter theme.

I took it to the abstract side a bit (I like to think outside the box a little on these more-rigid contest themes) and created a pattern of typewriter ribbon reels. You can see it here, on my Spoonflower design page.

And if you like it, you can vote for it here, following the link at the bottom right. In the Spoonflower blog image, my design is the third from the left in the top row! First time that's happened in one of these contests since the very first one I entered, back in 2009. You know, back when Spoonflower was new, and there were only six entries per week, and no themes.

It seems like a really long time ago.

Anyway, give it a vote if you like! Then pop over to take a peek at my recently-added Lodge collection, inspired by our recent trip to Montana . . . you know, where I saw some beautiful mountain lodges and these guys:



(scrap metal statuary near the entrance to the Blackfeet Nation, East Glacier.)


I keep meaning to do a big ol' photo post about our trip; too beautiful.

Thanks for reading!

p.s. you can make these images larger just by clicking on them, but you probably already knew that!





No comments: