Friday, March 13, 2009

almost ready . . .

Thought I'd go ahead and post a couple of early photos of some of the hand-bound books I'll be listing for sale soon, along with a bunch of other goodies!

The publishing company I work for specializes in reprints of out-of-print theological books. To get from original book to new book, a lot of old book bindings are discarded, so I asked for a few to be set aside for me. I'm using them to make these neat, coptic-bound blank books. I'm really happy with how they're turning out!

These red book boards are complemented with the copper-colored book cloth, which nicely matches the twine used for the coptic binding:



This set of old, leather-covered book boards came from a book published in the 1800s. I cleaned them up and added copper-colored book cloth, antique-looking end papers, and more than 100 pages (fronts and backs) of really heavy sketch paper.


I'll make sure to have everything up by the 21st, and I'll keep you posted with a couple more teaser shots in the meantime. I'm also working on completely revamping my website!


p.s. Speaking of books, my friend Skylaar has a beautiful little number here. It pushes the definition of "book" a bit; your life will be richer for seeing it!





No comments: