Monday, March 5, 2012

in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room




It was a few months back that I found these two Paul Marshall tiki mugs at the thrift store, cute little things. No cracks, no crazing, all markings are clear and readable. The faux bois texture is awesome.

From everything I've been able to figure out in my research, it's difficult to put an exact date of production on tiki collectibles; I'm estimating that these two mugs (based on others I've scouted out on-line) are from the 1970s. These two mugs are quite similar to one another, though the one on the right is very slightly shorter, with very slightly darker glaze.








From the Ooga Mooga website description:
"This is the classic Paul Marshall Products 'peanut' mug design, in tiki mug form. Beige unglazed ceramic, with brown glazed top and bottom. Tiki has a mouth shaped like a sideways peanut, eyes like almonds, with pupils, gently recessed eyebrows, hands on belly. Marked 'PMP©' on base."

Peanut mugs. I love it.




Listed for sale in my Etsy vintage shop; stop by to accessorize your very own tiki room!


(p.s. you can make these photos bigger by clicking on them . . . but you probably knew that!)

No comments: