Friday, July 27, 2012

thrift store finds: chairs for kiddo

Woohoo! A new chair for the kiddo! In two easy steps!



I was at BRING a little while back and saw this yellow Little Tikes chair in the free pile. It was a little stained and cobwebby, but there were no holes or chew marks or anything, so I snagged it for the kiddo, figuring it would be a great addition to his backyard play area.



After cleaning, I just put it on some old cardboard and sprayed it with some spray paint meant for plastics.



Just a couple of light coats, then flip it and get the underside, too.



Dries in just a few minutes! I finished it up before we went on a road trip, so it had a week to cure. It blends in with our other yard furniture a lot better now, and it was free.



I also found this little Virco school chair for half off a couple of weeks later, also at Bring.



I know; no one's buying this rusty little guy for what Virco is charging for them right off the assembly line ($160? Wow.). But I still think it was a heck of a steal for $1.50. I'm not sure yet what I'll do to it, but it will probably involve paint. ;)




What about you? Any new seating in your back yard? Any fabulous thrift store finds? I love following your (non-spam) links in the comments section below!


p.s. You can make these photos larger just by clicking on them, but you probably already knew that!


Linking up to:

Simple Design's Thrift Haul

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks great! So lovely to see such a sweet chair all clean and pretty and painted such a beautiful color! Thanks so much for joining in the under 300 followers blog hop.. I am your newest follower~
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus