Sunday, November 18, 2012

fozzie wozzie woz a bear . . .

We actually did a Muppets trifecta for Halloween this year, and since Christmas seems to be rushing up at a crazy pace, I wanted to make sure to get a Fozzie Bear post up sooner rather than later.



The basics are pretty similar to my method for building Kermit the Frog, so you can follow along over on that post. It all starts with a baseball cap with the bill removed.



Add a foam structure.





Cover with furry felt.








Add features in felt and fake fur. To make the eyes more 3-dimensional, I put the bowls of plastic spoons under each one before hot gluing to the head.



The most frightening step of opening my work back up to attach the nose (another felt-covered foam ball, like Kermit's eyes).



All done!



And here we all are! Fozzie, Kermit, and the Swedish Chef. I'm hoping to get a tutorial up sometime for the apron and chef's hat; stay tuned!



So relieved to finally have Fozzie posted. Phew! It's been a real bear. Bu-dum-bum!

Thanks for reading. Do you have any tardy posts you've been meaning to make? Let me know in the comments below, or heck, make the posts and link to them! I love visiting your (non-spam) links.

2 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Oh my goodness. You are SO talented. This is incredible.

Night Garden Design said...

Oh, you're too sweet. I always spot a million improvements I could make.