Saturday, November 16, 2013

thrift store finds: vintage scales


The white "Family Scale" came from an estate sale and the brown postal scale came from a thrift store, both within the past few months. Both are in good working condition and measure accurately.


I think they'll make charming display pieces at weddings on the candy or favor tables.


I can also picture the scales being used as uniquely awesome cake stands (with the cardboard cake board attached to the scale's top with some adhesive tabs).


And I think the family scale would look extra cute on a baby shower table!


I always think it's curious how I find things in batches, like theses scales, or my hoosier boxes (of which I now have three), or pianos (I only have one, but I saw several at thrift stores in the months before and after purchasing mine. It must have been piano season).

Have you noticed that, too?

Thanks for reading!

Linking up to:
The Cottage Market 
Helene's Legacy

1 comment:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

What a FABULOUS Find!!!!! : ) Thanks so much for sharing with us!!! hugs...